RDS-30 Dose Rate Survey Meter
The RDS-30 is a Digital Handheld Dose Rate Meter designed for a wide range of applications involving a possibility for abnormal radiation levels. Compact, lightweight, waterproof, its performance and its user friendly interface make the RDS-30 perfectly suited to radiation survey in field conditions, in nuclear industry and for protection against radiological hazards by personnel, who may be exposed to gamma and/or X-ray radiation in their work.
RDS-30 provides sequential alarms for fixed dose rate values (programmable by CSW configuration software via IrDA link) and the possibility to store dose rate events into the histogram memory of the meter. The use of a CSW software is required for downloading the data into a PC via IrDA port.
RDS-30 is microprocessor controlled. The user interface consists of one push button and an easy-to-use menu structure that displays information in the LCD of the meter. The six-digit display shows the dose rate and various messages. Different alarm situations are indicated by a combination of audio-visual effects in the LCD and a buzzer (dose rate 1, dose rate 2, low battery, defect, dose rate overflow).
• radiation detected: gamma and X-ray from 48 keV to 1.3 MeV
• detector: energy compensated GM tube compliant to H*(10)
• dose rate measurement range: from 0.01 μSv/h to 100 mSv/h or from
1 μrem/h to 10 rem/h
• dose rate linearity: ± 10 % ±1 digit within the range of 0.1 μSv/h to 100 mSv/h or 10 μrem/h to 10 rem/h
• calibration accuracy: ± 5 % of the reading in 137Cs exposure, at 3 mSv/h, +20°C (68°F)
• energy response: ± 30 % over the range of 48 keV - 1.3 MeV
• angular response: ± 25 % within ± 45 % from the calibration direction at 48 keV
• dose measurement range: from 0.01 μSv to 1 Sv or from 1 μrem to 100 rem
• dose rate follow-up by audible signal with frequency proportional to dose rate
• visual and audible alarm: user settable for dose and dose rate over the whole measurement range
• dose measurement
• histogram capability of up to 480 dose rate values with user settable logging interval
• backlit display with six large digits
• display in either μSv/h or in mrem/h
• built-in self diagnostics
• case: rugged plastic, easily decontaminable
• dimensions: 78 x 126 x 32 mm
• weight: 170 g without batteries
220 g with batteries
• temperature range: -25 to +55°C operational (-13... 131°F)
–40 to +70°C storage (-40... 158°F)
• protection level: IP67 (temporary immersion / floating device)
• power supply: 2 alkaline batteries IEC LR6/AA size (recommended)
• battery life time: at least 2000 hours at normal background with alkaline cells style="text-align: left;"> (more than 1 year under normal operation)
• battery alarm: two-step alarm for low battery voltage
• electromagnetic compatibility: CE compliant
• Built-in infra-red port (IrDA)
• software for parameter setting and histogram readings
• wrist strap
• neck strap
Call for price
When first responders arrive on a scene of an accident, natural disaster, or terrorist attack, identifying the radiological risk is a critical step in the first minutes of characterizing a scene. Mirion’s UltraRadiac Plus is the STANDARD in personal radiation monitors for firefighters, law enforcement, HAZMAT teams, paramedics, and others. The URAD-Plus is small, lightweight, and extremely rugged for demanding radiological and extremely hazardous environments.
Presenting the Radiation Alert® Frisker. A light-weight, single-handed radiation contamination instrument that has been designed to meet the demands of today’s radiation personnel for leak testing, surface monitoring, sample screening, and personnel screening. The Radiation Frisker detects alpha, beta, and gamma with an assortment of units of measure, customizable alarm levels, and a backlit display.
The Nanonuke is a very small, yet highly sensitive radiation detector that fits into the smallest pocket, without pinching the wearer. It can connect to a smartphone via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). When connected to a phone, our GammaGuard app provides a rich user interface (UI). The user only interacts with the phone and NanoNuke remains ergonomically out of the way in the user’s pocket or at a remote location. This is ideal for covertly checking an area for radiation. The GammaGuard app can run in the background and alert the user of elevated radiation levels. The GammaGuard app allows for time and date stamped data logging with GPS coordinates. The data can be logged to a file on the phone and it can (optionally) be logged to web based databases, such as RadResponder, facilitating a coordinated incident response. Two NanoNukes can be connected to GammaGuard at the same time and can be used as a directional radiation detector (patent pending). Prior to NanoNuke, specialized direction finding equipment was large, bulky, complex, fragile and expensive.
The Radalert® 100X is a general purpose geiger counter that measures alpha, beta, gamma, and X-radiation.
Features of the Radalert® 100X, include a three-second update and a Utility Menu that allows you to change the default settings for several operating parameters. Its digital liquid crystal display (LCD) shows the current radiation level in your choice of SI units (microsieverts per hour) from .000 to 1,100 and counts per minute (CPM) from 0 to 350,000 or counts per second (CPS) from 0 to 3,500. For users of conventional units mR/hr (milliroentgens per hour) from .000 to 110 and CPM are optional in the Utility Menu. This instrument also offers an accumulated total and timer function, up to 9,999,000 counts and 40 hours.
The Sentry Personal Alarming Rate Meter is designed to ensure the personal safety of radiologists and other personnel that work in occupations with potential x-ray or gamma exposure.
Call for price
The CT007-F, CT007-N, CT-007-P connects to the smartphone application, GammaGuard. By itself, GammaGuard can provide basic radiation detection, and warn the user of dangerous radiation levels. It achieves this by using your smartphone’s camera as a radiation sensor. Other more sophisticated or sensitive radiation measurement instruments, such as the CT007 units, can be wirelessly connected to GammaGuard for enhanced functionality.